Friday, April 10, 2009

Mind over Matter...

I was checking out my good friend Lance Cantu's blog, an amazing coach at Crossfit Central in Austin. He made a post the other day about people that know they are the greatest at what they do...you left one out Lance. Love him or hate him Tiger Woods is the most talked about athlete in the world! I am an avid golfer(PGA hopeful) and I have watched and fallowed Tigers career since day one. What he does day in and day out, year after year is simply AWESOME. Everyone on the PGA tour talks about how he not only beats you with his physical ability, but more so with his mind. Next time you watch him roll in a putt from 40 feet while the other guy watches in disbelief, ask yourself...how? Look at the focus in his eyes compared to the guy he is playing with...no comparison. His dad used to talk about how he(Tiger)could actually wield the ball in the hole. I have come to believe that is exactly what he does. I am working on my mental toughness every day of my life. In my workouts, my golf, and even my daily life. I admire Tiger for his athletic ability, but more so for how strong he is as a person. He is not perfect, nor is anyone but I am constantly striving to be the best at whatever I do. Are you?

No comments: