Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Keep on keepin on...



I have often been told I am crazy to do some of the things I do. Mainly CROSSFIT...I always hear the same responses when I talk about it. That's too hard, will it kill me?,you are obsessed ect... Well if obsession means pushing myself to the limits to make myself stronger physically and mentally, well I guess I am. I am crossfit! I am ready at any given time to take on any given challenge. That is what it's all about to me. This picture is from a couple of days ago.

My WOD: Barbra
5 rounds, each for time of:
20 pull-ups
30 push-ups
40 sit-ups
50 squats
My best round 3:58, my worst 5:15

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Russell, just wanted to tell you that you inspire me....it is true...if it were easy, everyone would do it. It's not meant to be easy. And that gets me through school and taking on getting fit. I came to the realization, that in some areas of my life, mainly fitness and relationships, I was not living my best. It was not my best, plain and simple. And that's what God has called us to. And what is life if we aren't giving it our best? Thanks for the inspiration and really living out what you believe.
Alicia Mitchell

Russell Butler said...

Alicia. Thank you so much. That means a lot to me, and you are absolutely right...God wants the best from us, and I dont feel like I am complete unless I am doing my best. We all struggle in areas of our life, and I constantly fight myself in a lot of them. I have found through fitness, if I can push myself to the limit every day, there is nothing I cant do. Take care, and let me know if I can help in any way with your fitness.